What types of activities do we offer? Is there a charge?
- We offer rentals on E-Bikes, canoes, paddle boards, fishing gear with aluminum boats, snowshoes
- Please check our rental page for all activities and rates
- We offer services such as corporate retreats, yoga retreats and seminars, wedding services, family or school reunions etc
How remote are we?
- We are remote, away from all the traffic jams and high rise buildings. we are located about 30 minutes to Naramata, 45 minutes to Penticton and about and 90 minutes to Kelowna (going through Penticton).
How far to Kelowna on bike? How fare to Penticton on bike?
- From Chute Lake Lodge Resort to Kelowna depending on your speed and ability it can take anywhere from 1hr 45 mins to 3hr 30mins.
- From Chute Lake Lodge Resort to Penticton depending on your speed and ability it can take anywhere from 1hr 55 mins to 3hr.
What is the KVR trail like? Is it paved?
- It is a dirt gravel road. It has bump and pot holes. This trail is not paved but is maintained
- bcrailtrails.com to plan your trip and to get more information
- The menu is going to be alternating for the first few weeks of operation so we can establish guest preferences. But you can count on us serving up Canadiana Lodge food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We plan to elevate the dinner offerings for special & group events. Customized meals can be prepared for private functions. Call us to create a menu unique to you!
Can I have a camp fire?
- Please refer to http://www2.gov.bc.ca
Fire pit for wiener roasts?
- We have a covered fire pit just our side the lodge
- Each cabin, yurt, glam tent and camping site has its own private fire pit as well.
- We do follow fire safety and fire ban restrictions.
Bike storage for guest’s bike?
- We provide bike racks and guests are responsible for their bikes.
Chute Lake Lodge is not liable or responsible in any way for bikes and bike storage.
Is the water safe to drink?
- In the Lodge and Restaurant our water is safe to drink. In the cabins the water is under a boil water advisory however we provide coolers of drinking water for our guests.
Do I need to bring a sleeping bag? Or towels? (trip advisor post says you charge)
- Only if you are bringing a tent… we have linens, pillows, duvets and towels for your comfort.
Do you have WiFi?
- We do in the lodge in case you need it but this is the perfect time to reconnect with nature and your family or friends
Do you have Cell service up there?
- Our cell service is a bit spotty. Roger users have the most luck in this area.
Can I use my credit card at the restaurant?
Do you have lunches to go (picnic style)?
- Yes, we do!
Can I bring my dog?
- Absolutely but we do ask that all dogs are leashed up and if they are left in any of the accommodations they are kennelled so that no damage occurs to the rooms protecting both us and yourselves. You may think this is unnecessary but with all the windows, sounds and new surroundings, our fur babies can be unsettled.
What is the road like to get up to Chute Lake Lodge Resort?
- It is a beautiful scenic drive on the Naramata Bench with vineyards and lake views. As you turn onto Chute Lake Road it is a gravel mountain road for the final 8 kms. Take your time! Go slow as there is wildlife (including Moose) and other tourist on the road.
Can I bring my motor boat?
- Unfortunately, no motor over 10 HP
- Gas and electric motors, canoes, and rowboats are available for rent.
- There is a boat launch
What kind of fish are in Chute Lake?
- Rainbow Trout. This is a great lake to bring the kids as the lake is stalked and the fish are not too big for the kids to reel in!
- There is a catch limit of 6 per day
What amenities are in the cabin kitchens?
- COVID – There will be nothing available in the kitchens as we have to disinfect When COVID restrictions are not in place we do provide: Dishware, utensils, glassware, coffee maker, drinkable water jug, pots and pans
- every item in the kitchens and our facilities
Are the beds comfortable?
- They are brand new beds, linens, duvets and pillows. You will have no trouble getting comfy and settling in for a great sleep!
Is there laundry services on site?
Unfortunately, no. There are Laundry services in Kelowna and Penticton
Is there a shuttle service to the resort from the airport?
- Not at this point, but please call us and let us know if this is critical to your stay and we can discuss further.